Greater Things | Ministry of the Great King | Mike McEvoy
Ministry of the Great King
August 12, 2018
Introduction: In last week’s study we learned that we are chosen by God and, by grace, given an undeserved place of honor in God’s kingdom. This week we will see that in addition to giving us a special place, God has also given us the ability and calling to Kingdom work for which the Holy Spirit equips us.
Prayer: Father God give us ears to hear what you have to say to each one of us and may your Holy Spirit guide us into truth and understanding. Amen.
Review:What did God reveal to you this week about your thoughts feelings, assumptions and relationships? How did your understanding of being one of God’s own people change you?
- Recalling last week’s sermon (I Peter 2:9-10) what is the ‘calling you received’ mentioned in verse 1? Some other ideas are found in 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12; 2 Timothy 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:15
- This passage mentions several roles for which believers are equipped and gifts the Spirit gives to accomplish these roles. What are some of the roles and gifts mentioned?
- What is the reason for the gifts? What goals are mentioned in this passage?
- What does the building up of the body look like to you? What have you seen lately in your church community that is building you or others?
- How do you describe the fullness of Christ? See John 1:16; Ephesians 3:16-19
Application:This week spend some time reflecting on the way God has equipped you for serving Him. If possible, think of some ways you might use these gifts to participate in the building up of the body.
Pray: Father thank you for the chance to be active participants in the work you already have underway. Guide us to that work for which you have called us and give us peace about declining to do those things to which we are not called. Amen.
Scripture References Used: 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12; 2 Timothy 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:15; 1 Peter 2:9-10; John 1:16; Ephesians 3:16-19