Final UPC Neighborhood Picnic!
Wednesday, August 21, 6-8pm, Luther Burbank Park map
*Note: Unfortunately the picnic at Palmer House is cancelled. We hope you can still join us at Luther Burbank Park area "Meadow B."
Come join us for our summer neighborhood picnic – a relaxed and informal summer evening with friends and fun! These are new events for UPC, so here’s what you need to know:
- At the park, look for the UPC signs directing you to our reserved picnic area B, the "Meadow." There will be UPC hosts to welcome you.
- Please bring dinner and beverages for you and/or your family and friends. The picnic area has charcoal grills for us to use, but charcoal, food, and beverages are not provided.
- We will have some games to play, but feel free to bring your own favorite picnic games to share!
- This is a great opportunity to invite your family, friends, and neighbors to gather with you. All are welcome, and the park has a great play area for kids!
- The final Summer picnic on August 21 at Luther Burbank Park is in partnership with Global Friends and Language Institute so come gather with these great UPC neighborhoods.
Voices from the Field
Sundays 10:30am, Calvin
All of us are called to love our neighbors. What does that look like in the variety of locations where we live, in Seattle and far beyond? Come and hear from some of our good friends among our congregation.
August 25: Sue Rutherford, MD.: "Reproductive Healthcare: Serving and Following Jesus". Dr. Rutherford is the Medical Director for 3W Medical, a non-profit women’s health clinic right here in the U-District. She will describe what it is like to serve our diverse local community as a follower of Jesus. upc.org/classes
Do you love to sing?
Choir openings throughout August
Join one of our choirs! Gospel Choir sings once a month in contemporary worship; no audition necessary. Contact Amy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cathedral Choir sings weekly in traditional worship; to schedule a membership interview, contact David Gardner: email@example.com.
The Art of Neighboring
Coming in Fall 2019
This class will be offered in Fall 2019. Watch for more information in The Connector and in the Sunday bulletin.
Family Ministries Summer: Registrations Open Now
Camps, Mission Trips, Barbecues and More!
Check out all the amazing activities happening this summer in Family Ministries! All registrations are now open. Follow the links below for more information.Kids Youth
Sunday Night Fellowship (& more)
Are you a 20 or 30-something looking for community? Plug in with our Young Adult community. Stay up-to-date on all the exciting events happening soon.
Ministry with Internationals
Check our page for all the exciting opportunities coming up this summer!
Second Wind 50+
Lots of hiking, biking, and service opportunities for active 50+ adults. More info on our page.
Will begin again in Fall
Join us for fun, laughter, and connection! Make brown bag lunches for Street Youth Ministries and our homeless neighbors. Made possible by the generous support of the Deacon & Disaster Relief Fund. Learn more.
Looking for more?Subscribe to The Connector
Subscribe to this Google Events Calendar to stay up to date with everything happening at UPC.