How can we help?
August 3-9, 2019
NEW LOCATION: Lake Retreat in Ravensdale, WA
Camp Side-by-Side is a week of FUN for families who have a child with cancer.
The first step is to complete the Family Interest Form below. Camp fills up fast, so don't delay!
:: Among other relevant criteria, priority is given to families who are within three years of completion of all cancer-directed therapy (IV/oral chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy).
:: Camp is geared toward families with school-aged kids, though we welcome families with infants/toddlers to apply.
:: Qualifying families may participate in two Side-by-Side Getaway experiences. Beyond that, families may apply to be on the wait list for Camp and/or Winter Weekend.
:: Camp is offered to families for FREE!
COMPLETE THE FAMILY INTEREST FORM HERE!
Has your family temporarily relocated to Seattle for medical treatment? We provide enthusiastic screened and trained volunteers to spend time with your children (patient and/or siblings) for two to five hours per week. If your kids could use a fun playmate (and you could use a break), we’d love to connect with you!
Your volunteer team will customize activities depending on the age, interests, health, and energy level of your child(ren). This may include:
• Playing games or reading stories
• Outings to the Zoo, Aquarium, and/or local parks
• Building and launching a model rocket
• Baking and decorating cookies
• Painting pottery and sharing a treat at University Village
Activities carry no cost for families or volunteers.
• Volunteers are screened by our staff and trained with support from Seattle Children’s, the Ronald McDonald House, and the Hutch School.
• Volunteers follow the buddy system, and are only alone with a child in a public setting (hospital room, playroom, etc.)
• Volunteers will maintain close communication with parents and will follow your lead regarding special concerns.
• If volunteers are not feeling well, they will reschedule the planned activity.
Ready to get started? To refer a family, or refer yourself, click on a button below.
Have questions? Contact Marla.
A nurturing, playful environment where children are empowered to engage their curiosity. We serve patients and siblings age 3-5 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings at the Ronald McDonald House.
Find out more on our Preschool page.
Ronald McDonald House:
Join Side-by-Side for FUN at the Ronald McDonald House!
Here’s when you can expect us each month:
First Mondays: Dinner and BINGO
Second Mondays: Dinner and Crafts
Fourth Mondays: Dinner and Crafts
Check out the Ronald McDonald House website for more information about activities.