Pressing On | Marker 3: Engaging in Mission | Ryan Church
Pressing On | Markers of Discipleship
By Study Guide Writing Team | November 6th, 2016
Marker 3 | Engaging in Mission
II Corinthians 5:16-21
Review: What evidence of a living your life yielded to the Holy Spirit did you notice this week?
Introduction: This week we are invited to think of ourselves as agents of the King of Kings. To do so we must develop the discipline of seeing the world the way Jesus does. If we succeed the world has a chance to see Jesus through us.
Pray: Lord, may your Holy Spirit guide us as we read and discuss your word. Help us to understand how what we read can shape our thoughts and actions as we seek to apply what we’ve learned. Amen.
Read: II Corinthians 5:16-21
- What do you think it means to be a new creation?
- Define reconciliation in your own words.
- What changes need to take place for two people to reconcile?
- Paul exhorts the reader to be reconciled to God in verse 20. Do you feel this is true of you? If so, describe why and if not – what do you feel needs to change to allow this reconciliation to take place?
- What has God done preparing us to be agents of reconciliation according to this week’s passage? What additional ideas do you find in Romans 5:8-10 and Colossians 1:19-22?
- As an ambassador for a country you need to understand your culture, the culture to which you are sent and your government’s goals for the relationship between the two countries. How does this apply to being an Ambassador for Christ?
Application: This week try to ask the question “How would Jesus view this situation?” in mind. Take note of whether this question alters what you do or say.
Pray: Lord, equip us to be your agents of reconciliation with those you place in our lives this week. Amen.
Download to Print