Come Let Us Adore Him | A Shepherd Listens for the Word
By Study Guide Writing Team | December 4th, 2016
A Shepherd Listens for the Word
Luke 2:8-12, 15-18; Psalm 95:6-7
Review: How were you encouraged this week as you waited in prayer and hope?
Introduction: One of the remarkable aspects of Luke’s account of Jesus’ birth is that shepherds engaged in the mundane task of caring for their flock in the middle of the night were the people chosen to receive the news of Jesus’ birth.
Pray: Lord Jesus, shepherd us as we explore how your announcement to those shepherds can lead us to your heart today. Amen.
Read: Luke 2:8-12, 15-18: Psalm 95:6-7
- What blessings have your received while doing your ordinary tasks this week?
- The shepherds heard the word of the Lord from an angel. How do you hear the word of the Lord today?
- What is God telling you not to fear?
- What did the shepherds do with what they heard?
- What do you think of the sign that they were given? How does it help your faith?
- What effect did the shepherds’ news have on the people that heard? What effect does it have on you?
Application: Who will you tell of what you learned this week?
Pray: Lord, help us remember what you have told us so that it may bless us and those you put in our paths this week. Amen.
Download to Print