500 Years | The Spouse and your Family | George Hinman
The Spouse and your Family | Katherine von Bora
October 22, 2017
Review: What did you learn about Jesus’ relationship with your work this past week?
Introduction: A punky little monk lit the spark, but – five centuries after Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the Wittenburg door – the reformation burns on and ignites hearts with joy and assurance. What does the protestant reformation mean for us today? How does the Holy Spirit use the conversations that began around the tables of Germany to shape life around our tables here?
This week the focus is that the gospel allows vulnerability. Your family is your first ministry.
Pray: LORD Jesus, help us to understand your creation. Teach us how to live together. Amen.
Read: Genesis 2:18-25
- Is it comforting to know we are designed to be in relationship and not alone?
- What is the significance of Adam naming the creatures?
What is Adam’s relationship with the creatures?
- What is unique about Eve?
- What is the significance of the commonality that Adam and Eve share?
- What is the meaning of the imagery of leaving “father and mother” and joining together to be “one flesh”?
- What is the significance of being naked and not ashamed?
How does sin affect our willingness to be vulnerable?
Application: This week consider what it means to be human, designed to thrive in relationship.
Pray: Lord Jesus, help us to value and support the gift of marriage as you designed it. Amen